- About Us
- Activities and Events
- ANZAC Centenary Project Booklet
- Anzac Day
- ANZAC Day 2014
- ANZAC Day 2015
- Anzac Day 2017
- Art Union Results
- Australian Service Nurses Memorial Wall
- Birthday Luncheon – 20 July 2015
- Burnett Heads Honour Roll
- Centenary of Armistice – War Nurses Mural (2018)
- Chinese Lunch 29 Feb 2016
- City March & War Nurses Service
- Commemorative Items – Remembering Our War Nurses
- Contact Us
- Feb 2015 Bus Trip
- Gallery 2014
- Gallery 2015
- Invitation, information and booking forms
- Memorabilia Order Form
- Morning Tea in Park – 22 May 2015
- Newsletters 2014 -2016
- Newsletters 2017
- Newsletters 2018
- Newspaper Articles
- Not so Recent Pictures
- Nurses: Zululand to Afghanistan History Storyboards
- Pre ANZAC Bus Trip 2015
- Previous Plans and Documents
- Program of Events
- Remembering Our War Nurses
- Remembering Our War Nurses 24 Sep 2014
- Salute to Servicewomen – 7th – 16th July 2017
- Salute to Servicewomen, Bundaberg 50th Anniversary Reunion
- Special Edition Chests Out
- Special Events – 23 & 24 September 2014
- Storyboards for War Nurses Memorial Park
- War Nurses Memorial – ANZAC Centenary Project
WOMEN VETERANS HONOURED TO LEAD THE BUNDABERG ANZAC DAY MARCH
Bundaberg District Women Veterans have been invited to lead the veteran contingent of marchers at the Bundaberg City Anzac Day march in recognition of the sacrifice and contribution of servicewomen during the Centenary of Anzac. All women who have served or are currently serving in Australian or Allied Defence Forces are invited to march behind the ‘Women Veterans’ sign.
2017 also marks the 50th Anniversary of the Bundaberg & District Ex Servicewomen’s Association who first marched in the city’s Anzac Day march in 1968 when they paraded their association banner at the head of parade. The ladies have marched every year since and it will be wonderful to be in the number one position in our 50th year.
The women veterans are very honoured to once again be invited to lead the parade and to represent the tens of thousands of women who have served in wars, conflicts, peacekeeping and at home, with over 220 paying the supreme sacrifice.
In keeping with the this year’s parade theme to honour our women veterans, our Secretary, Mrs Leone Wilson OAM, who served in the WRAAF, will be the guest of honour and will receive the salute alongside the mayor.
In the Anzac Centenary it is important to remember and reflect on the sacrifices of all our men and women who have served for over 100 years.
This booklet provides a brief service history of Burnett Heads First World War soldiers, history of the Burnett Heads War Memorial as well as covering the Centenary of the Battle of Pozieres service on 23 July 2016, and was written by our Secretary, Leone Wilson.
A lovely hour or so with our supporters and friends who helped our association achieve such wonderful results with the enhancements to War Nurses Memorial as part of our Remembering Our War Nurses project.
Some pictures of the morning can be viewed here
The history storyboards: Nurses – Zululand to Afghanistan have been installed at War Nurses Memorial Park, Bundaberg and represent the final element in the Bundaberg & District Ex Servicewomen’s Association’s project to revitalize and enhance the memorial park to mark the Centenary of the First World War.
Storyboards showing the history of military nursing and War Nurses Memorial Park are to be installed in the new year.
The storyboards can be viewed and downloaded via our website at
A collection of photographs, most official speeches, the service and luncheon programs as well as a few newspaper articles can be viewed by pasting the link below into your internet browser